When reading, authors don't always come out and tell us everything. He/she may leave out details on purpose or assume the reader has certain background knowledge on the topic.
1. Watch the video. It is a little corny, I know!
2. In comments, share a conclusion about the two women in the picture below.
Many times when we are reading an assignment, book or even taking the TABE, there are words we don't know. Not understanding a word can make it more difficult to understand what the point the author is making. Context clues help with this.
1. Watch the video.
2. In the comments section, share something new you learned from the video and how it will help with your reading understanding.
Building your vocabulary is important for reading comprehension.
1. Watch the video for ways to learn new words.
2. In comments, share one strategy you have for remembering new words.
How do you learn best? As you move through the ABE program, it is important to understand how you learn best. Do you like games? Flashcards? Technology? Quiet? Music? Etc. We each have a unique way of learning.
In the comments, leave the class a message telling us two things:
1 How you think you learn best.
2. Why your education is important to you.