2017 was full of hot issues that affect all of us. This year doesn't look to be any different.
1. Go to ISideWith.com
2. Choose a few different issues and read about them.
3. In the comments, share two issues that are important to you and a reason why.
In 2018, Illinois citizens will have the opportunity to vote.
We will vote for Governor, House of Representative and other positions.
Whether you are eligible to vote or not, it is important to read and understand what each person represents because their vote effects all of us.
Below are the requirements to vote.
2. Type in your zip code (and maybe address).
3. Once you know your Representative, search their name and find one interesting fact about him/her.
4. In the comments, share the name of your Representative and the one interesting fact you found about him/her.
For more information about the House, click on this link.
Remember, there are 100 senators. Each state has two. Our second and newest senator is Tammy Duckworth.
1. Go to her website.
2. Click on NEWS, TWITTER, FACEBOOK, or INSTAGRAM.
3. Read through some of her feeds.
4. In the comments, share one topic Senator Duckworth believes in.
There are 100 senators in the United States. Each state has two senators elected by citizens to represent their wants and needs. A senator is part of the legislative branch. One of his/her jobs is to write and vote on new laws called "bills".
One of Senator Durbin's passions is securing a place for Dreamers (arrived in the US as children without legal status) in the US.
1. Choose a dreamer story.
2. Read his/her story.
3. In your own words, share two things you learned about this dreamer in the comments.
In 2018, we will have an election for governor. Do you know our current governor?
1. Read about Bruce Rauner from his personal website.
2. In the comments, write two things you learned about him.
March 22: FIRST DAY OF CLASS
May 8: TABE
May 10: LAST DAY OF CLASS
MARCH 22: SPRING 2 CLASSES BEGIN
MAY 21: SUMMER 1 BEGINS (M,T,W)
JULY 2: SUMMER 2 BEGINS (M,T,W.TH)